Beamswork LED's

josh89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2008
australia
hey guys thought I'd chime in here ad amother happy beamworks customer, I have the 48" 3watt system on my 4'x20"x20" for the last 12 month's and it hasn't missed a beat! In saying that I'm going to try DIY on my new tank to dave some $$$

Sent from my C6603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquaticfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2013
Colorado
Reminder: This thread is about beamswork lights only, not vendors or similar LEDs. Please and thank you :)
Actually it has full reference to Beamworks lights as they are probably the #1 seller/distributor of beamworks lights. I am asking about Aquatraders as this is where Ive bought all of my beamworks from in past. Then a few months/weeks ago they went down out of no where. According to what the talk was they went out of bussiness, shut the web site down and there was nothing. BUT im seeing people post again here in this thread recently that is where they are now getting them again is from Aquatraders. It is about Beamworks light... Or is that part not allowed?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Actually it has full reference to Beamworks lights as they are probably the #1 seller/distributor of beamworks lights. I am asking about Aquatraders as this is where Ive bought all of my beamworks from in past. Then a few months/weeks ago they went down out of no where. According to what the talk was they went out of bussiness, shut the web site down and there was nothing. BUT im seeing people post again here in this thread recently that is where they are now getting them again is from Aquatraders. It is about Beamworks light... Or is that part not allowed?
Thanks for informing me about what MY thread pertains to. I will take that into consideration. However in order to keep this thread moving forward I will ask politely (again) to keep posts about Beamswork lights. While it is ok to discuss where you bought them from, please keep vendor discussion to a minimum. If you feel the need to discuss vendors or other lights please create your own thread. Thanks, Josh

milkjohnson

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2013
Baltimore, MD
After reading through this thread I decided to give the beamswork 72 freshwater setup a try. I ordered on Saturday from eBay for the sale price of 143.99. They just arrived today and everything looks good. They were packaged really well and seem well constructed. I'm still in the planning phase on my 220 but here's what they look like on my dry tank. Ill update this when I get things up and running but so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060400.583314.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060419.066600.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060747.883229.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060767.433061.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060813.166728.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1373060821.449809.jpg

JimA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2012
Bellingham
I have had mine for quite awhile 2 years maybe, still working great. I knocked one in the tank yesterday doh!! Got it out, set it in the sun for a day and it still works. Luckily it unplugged when it fell in.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
How do you guys find the 10000K colour on FW tanks, particularly Amazonan-type set ups with lots of wood and yellow-ish sand? These sounds too blue to me, I like the colour of my 6500k flood lights but not the shadows they create.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
How do you guys find the 10000K colour on FW tanks, particularly Amazonan-type set ups with lots of wood and yellow-ish sand? These sounds too blue to me, I like the colour of my 6500k flood lights but not the shadows they create.
I would agree that the 6500k has a blue look to it in the pics. In person the blue isnt as noticeable. I think it has to do with the high number of night LEDs. They do create some shadowing. But it isn't to bad. I have not seen the 10000k myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store