Beamswork light buzzing??

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
So I pulled the trigger on a 72” beamswork light. The one with more led chips than the cheaper version. It’s been running great and light output has been phenomenal for my setup. Unfortunately, it started making a high pitched buzzing sound. I don’t have it on a dimmer, it’s only on a timer. The light still works fine but when it turns on, it flashes, then turns on about a second later. The buzzing is constant and does not go away if I move any plugs. Maybe a ballast? Do LEDs even use ballasts?

Any recommendations, suggestions, or experience would be appreciated!

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I’ve discovered the source of the sound, it’s this box that comes at the end of the power cord. If I plug it directly to the power strip, it still buzzes. Any advice? I don’t know enough to start taking this thing apart blindly. 9338E95B-CF5F-44AF-818C-9B4923BEA400.jpeg

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I wish I could help, but I have no clue.
I have 4 beamswork lights and none of them make any noise at all. Maybe contact the manufacturer?

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I wish I could help, but I have no clue.
I have 4 beamswork lights and none of them make any noise at all. Maybe contact the manufacturer?
That may be the only option. It never made noise to begin with but it does now. I’ve had them less than a year too.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I wish there were more electricians on MFK lol. Opened it up and plugged it in. Can’t pin point what’s causing the high pitched buzzing. The bummer is that I’m having family over today and wanted it to be QUIET! I can hear this throughout the house. C908FE92-1A10-43FF-A645-F61743BE5C79.jpeg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The buzzing is most likely from one of the capacitors. You need to contact them about warranty. If they had the box sealed at all they will beable to tell you opened it and have thus voided the warranty. With the way circuits are made you would be hard pressed to find the parts to repair it. Maybe a phone or computer repair shop could help you.

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
The buzzing is most likely from one of the capacitors. You need to contact them about warranty. If they had the box sealed at all they will beable to tell you opened it and have thus voided the warranty. With the way circuits are made you would be hard pressed to find the parts to repair it. Maybe a phone or computer repair shop could help you.
It wasn’t sealed at all. I purchased this one refurbished so I don’t think I’ll have any warranty. Also can’t find a website or company info for beamswork. I saw some people recommended cleaning the internals for the AC adapters and mine was not dirty. Ran a q-tip around it and no dust came off. Still buzzing. I plugged it directly into the wall (also recommended for ac adapters) still getting the buzzing.
I wrapped a towel around it and this muffled the sound a bit. I pulled that off though because I don’t know how safe that is.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Like I said take it to a computer repair shop and see if they can fix it. Or get a new one. Id have to agree that the towel might not be the safest idea.

Reactions: Rob909
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store