Bearded dragon info?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
right now flukers but going to be changing that up, his juvie days are over, he needs adult now,

Reactions: magpie

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
personally i hate pelleted foods for beardies. they arent dogs, skip the dry food. pellets for fish i understand, its hard to meet their dietary needs with whole food. beardies on the other hand are super easy. give them some fresh veggies or fruits along with their insects and the occasional pinkie or whatever they enjoy. every beardie ive known who was fed pelleted diets ended up fat. especially if you only have 1 to care for, dont be lazy. make the lizard a salad and get them some bugs lol

Jeremy Anderson

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Potatoland
hoboflyfishing.com
personally i hate pelleted foods for beardies. they arent dogs, skip the dry food. pellets for fish i understand, its hard to meet their dietary needs with whole food. beardies on the other hand are super easy. give them some fresh veggies or fruits along with their insects and the occasional pinkie or whatever they enjoy. every beardie ive known who was fed pelleted diets ended up fat. especially if you only have 1 to care for, dont be lazy. make the lizard a salad and get them some bugs lol
Totally! For beardies and Uros and iguanas I fed mustard greens, kale, other mixed greens and they like green beans too. Mix with occasional bits of pears and other non-citrus fruit, and munchy crunchy live cockroaches. Farmed roaches, not wild ones. Once I saw a beardie eat a cockroach I never looked back. Other insects are good for variety, but lobster roaches are my favorite insectivore feed. I try to provide a varied diet of whole foods for my pets and myself, lol.

Also, whiskey. For me, not the rizalds.

I want to get a lizard again! Eek

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
LOL. I’m happy to make whiskey a part of lizard keeping. :D

Yeah that’s what I read - commercial food can be nice in a pinch or to mix in but veggies and bugs are the way to go for staples. And for staple bugs - dubia roaches, crickets, silkworms bit the others just as treats if I remember right.

I just read that someone makes a mash of veggies and greens and freezes in ice cubes to have as backup either when fresh veg are limited in the house or someone else is feeding when the owner is out of town. Thought that was a good idea.

Are lobster roaches the same as Dubia?

Jeremy Anderson

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Potatoland
hoboflyfishing.com
LOL. I’m happy to make whiskey a part of lizard keeping. :D

Yeah that’s what I read - commercial food can be nice in a pinch or to mix in but veggies and bugs are the way to go for staples. And for staple bugs - dubia roaches, crickets, silkworms bit the others just as treats if I remember right.

I just read that someone makes a mash of veggies and greens and freezes in ice cubes to have as backup either when fresh veg are limited in the house or someone else is feeding when the owner is out of town. Thought that was a good idea.

Are lobster roaches the same as Dubia?
They are different, either or both is fine.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Ok, it’s happening...

She convinced her son to let “Calvin” go.

I pick him up on Tuesday! I’m excited!

Reactions: tlindsey

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I had a fever Tuesday, so I'm getting him tomorrow instead.

I had to dig deep but finally found a couple groups of people that don't think that a beardie will immediately keel over and die if exposed to a soil/sand mix LOL

I'm excited to enrich this guy's life. Vet visit will be scheduled next week!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store