"Best" Air Pump V2.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
george's email is desertdiscus@gmail.com..he can get anything alita has including their airstones which I use as well.

I'm tellin ya..if you want to run a whole fish room, the 100 is a super powerful pump..100lpm is ALOT of air
Is this a person to contact about buying one or just accessories. I will need 3 large pumps in total.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
New pumps arrived yesterday. Won 80 LPMs. Ran one for an hour on a kill-o-watt, results = Rated spec is 35 watts. Highest reading I saw was 36 watts. Pump is rated at 80 LPM. I can't test output but can make observations on output by swapping pumps out (have a Jehmco 60 lpm and a pair of ap 100s) which I'll do once I get manifolds built.

IF anyone has any air pump that can even come close to 80 LPM on 36 watts I'd love to hear about it........

Seems that even a little Alita 40 runs 10 more watts in order to be able to put out HALF the air.......

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
spec is 41 db.

Haven't gotten it hooked up to diffusers yet, but sounds like an Ap100 does when nothing is plugged into it. I imagine it's just like any other linear diaphragm pump......

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
spec is 41 db.

Haven't gotten it hooked up to diffusers yet, but sounds like an Ap100 does when nothing is plugged into it. I imagine it's just like any other linear diaphragm pump......
sounds like a good pump. I got a jehmco recently and am really liking it. Do you know how the sound would compare to a jehmco?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Several questions and comments based on this thread:
I agree, Dinner support is non existent. I don't understand why they bother to post an email address.
Does anyone know who manufactures Jehmco air pumps for them?
I have researched heavily air pump specs. Personally never had an issue with the Danner air pumps, but when you compare Alita to them, you could afford to replace the no customer service Danner every 5 years and still be ahead.
How much quieter are the Alita compared to Danner? My fish room is getting very noisy?
I apologize for the hijack, but it seemed very related and may help others.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I don't understand why there would be much of a sound difference. They are all linear diaphragm pumps aren't they?

My main concern is wattage. I am over 500 LPM as far as my air needs. I'm basing what I run for pumps strickly by the wattage they use.

The 35 watts for 80 LPM is untouchable. Even if it sounded like a big block with open headers I'm using it. For the SAME wattage I can run 240 LPM (won/Dolphin) vs the 150 from an AP 100

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
New pumps arrived yesterday. Won 80 LPMs. Ran one for an hour on a kill-o-watt, results = Rated spec is 35 watts. Highest reading I saw was 36 watts. Pump is rated at 80 LPM. I can't test output but can make observations on output by swapping pumps out (have a Jehmco 60 lpm and a pair of ap 100s) which I'll do once I get manifolds built.

IF anyone has any air pump that can even come close to 80 LPM on 36 watts I'd love to hear about it........

Seems that even a little Alita 40 runs 10 more watts in order to be able to put out HALF the air.......
What pump you got and from where? Thank you.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Won 80 lpm.

Came from some pond place....

Google/Amazon are your friends.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store