Best color cichlid?

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
That is astheros robertsoni adult female. She is 10" and won't get any bigger. The blue is much more intense in person. In fact I can spot her over my other cichlids in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlidfish. When does the blue start to actually show on the Robertsoni? Also are they mostly bottom feeders? I currently am growing out one in a 55 for now until he gets some size on him for my 240. I can see some signs of blue but very little. Mines about 3" right now. I will say he's a mean sucker towards my bandit Cichlids.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Cichlidfish. When does the blue start to actually show on the Robertsoni? Also are they mostly bottom feeders? I currently am growing out one in a 55 for now until he gets some size on him for my 240. I can see some signs of blue but very little. Mines about 3" right now. I will say he's a mean sucker towards my bandit Cichlids.

They take a long time to grow, and the color comes with age. They can be harsh on peaceful tank mates, but can't handle the larger aggressive cichlids. If you have trouble IMO a single robertsoni is fine in a 55g for life. They are sand sifters like geos and thorichthys. They prefer a meaty diet as they eat worms, castrations and insects off the bottom. Sinking pellets are what mine love.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Cichlidfish, they are beautys! I really like the second one, not sure what it is though :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm not sure which you are referring to but here they are in order:

1. a. robertsoni
2. h. nic
3. p. loisellie
4. h. deppi
5 p. syn

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK