best food for baby snakehead to grow fast

hrdtimes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Canada
I feed my adults a variety of blood worms, super worms, crickets, and pellets on the occasion when I can trick them lol, and feeders

svgash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2015
Uk
Do not feed beef heart. You are correct about them not being able to digest it properly. It's a terrible food source, It might yield fast growth but also results in failing health and short life span .

Meal worms, or other insect diet is ideal for channa and yields a good growth rate. A quality pellet food is also good , personally I like to use both with insects as the main staple.

The more varriety the better. Watch carefully not to over feed especially during the winter months. The subtropical Channa are prone to obesity and they'll gladly eat themselves to death if allowed too !
Hi

svgash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2015
Uk
Hi dc I've told to ask you I want to put a snakhead in my preditory mix tank could I introduced a snake to my other fish or is it a bad idea?

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Hi svgash, I just replied in your thread.

Cheers,
-DC-

RTC_KEEPER

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
I have a dwarf snakehead that I caught in the wild but it is not willing to eat small goldfish, what should I give it. (the goldfish is dead)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store