Bichir no decoration/hiding spots

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
I've seen people with a tank full of bichirs and no decoration whatsoever and they make a piledrive. I'm thinking of doing the same unless it's a bad idea?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I've seen people with a tank full of bichirs and no decoration whatsoever and they make a piledrive. I'm thinking of doing the same unless it's a bad idea?
It really up to you, some people dont mind overstocking like me cause i do WC twice a week, some will say no. Me personally dont like decors unless its real driftwood. Its just easier to clean. I like the idea of having all the varients.

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
1 of them is pretty small like 3 inches so i'm keeping it in a 20 gallon for now. When do you think I should upgrade to maybe a 75?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Decor can also cause territory issues if one of them decides he is king. This is what happened in my case. I still have lots of decor but nothing so good that my fish is uber aggressive anymore. I personally like decor but all natural things like rocks and driftwood, but I also use fake plants for some color. Poly piles are cool but I dont like the barren tank look.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
1 of them is pretty small like 3 inches so i'm keeping it in a 20 gallon for now. When do you think I should upgrade to maybe a 75?
How big are them now? And how many are you planing to get? Are you planing to have all upper jaws or mix it with lower jaws, if you are planing to have a lower jaw 75g wont be a good home for life. And if your planing to have more than 10 upper jaw its better to have a 150g than a 75g, just my opinion.

Reactions: clm08k

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
How big are them now? And how many are you planing to get? Are you planing to have all upper jaws or mix it with lower jaws, if you are planing to have a lower jaw 75g wont be a good home for life. And if your planing to have more than 10 upper jaw its better to have a 150g than a 75g, just my opinion.
3 inches, 4 inches, 5 inches. no lower jaws, not going to have 10 upper jaws, maybe 5 max. When do you think I should move them and what size tank do you think is appropriate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store