bichirs are are bottemless pits

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Small endlis don't stay small for long, and ropes grow slowly and stay skinny for life.

A big fat rope could live with a baby endli very short term but that's it.

Sorry, you're just wrong here. I am normally into discussion and back and forth but you are just off base on this one. Anyone reading this thread should not even consider a rope fish with any lower jaw species of bichir, and to say it might be OK is irresponsible.

There are stories here of lower jaws eating other lower jaws that were smaller than them, and we're talking about fish that are wider than ropes ever get.

I think it's nuts that you are saying it could be fine but yet your endli ate your rope.

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
What are you the bicher police? I'm not trying to be abbraisive here, but you're attacking people for experimenting with the hobby. Yt? You can claim I'm wrong and i will still add a ropefish tomorrow.

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
All you're going to accomplish is driving people away from posting on the forum. We're trying to get more people on here.. c'mon man

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I'm not the bichir police. I just don't like seeing fish die when it could be prevented.

Sorry if I care for the creatures I keep, unlike you apparently. We are responsible for these living beings and should do the best by them.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
Hendre I agree but in that tank with those little guys, he should have been fine. He had a good 40gal to himself and lots of hides.

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
I'm not the bichir police. I just don't like seeing fish die when it could be prevented.

Sorry if I care for the creatures I keep, unlike you apparently. We are responsible for these living beings and should do the best by them.

Don't make assumptions. You're Definately out of line here.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Our poly forum is one of the most supportive, awesome, welcoming sections in this site, and I'm a part of that community. But I won't stay quiet if I see something that is off or could be avoided. People reading these forums are looking for good informaiton so they can have success in the hobby. If we just say "yeah, do that!" every time there'd be many many more mistakes made, and more senseless deaths.

I'm just being honest. I'm stating facts, not assuming.

Please tell me why I'm out of line suggesting that a rope fish should not live with a lower jaw bichir except maybe very short term.

Please let me know what you base your opinion on (re: lower jaws and ropes working out.)

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
People here all get these fish because people here tell them to. If I had a penny for every time someone said "throw some Bircher In there" when someone gets a new tank. Also how did the Bircher eat the clown with out dying

Reactions: eddiegunks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store