bichirs are are bottemless pits

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
WHoever is putting a endi with a r ope please give it to my cat she loves raw food. She caught my pirana god knows how through the small filter hole. Give it to her instead.

Jaws sorry if i was wrong just seen people here be rude for no reason

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Is that a bengal cat? I think they're gorgeous!

I don't think I was being rude. I had strong opinions on the matter but honestly the OP hasn't been back to participate. I was responding back to another member, not the OP.

I don't understand how the endli survived eating the loach. Ropes don't have any more protection than any other normal fish that I know of, so I'm not sure what you mean there...?

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I am on your side, but i think if we are nicer to the OP they would listen.
Other than the chemo i was the only other person being rude. Sometimes we need to wear our big boy pants and not be soo sensative. Imo chemo wanted to be patted on the back for his opnion instead no one found it all that interesting and he got butt hurt over being disagreed with.

Reactions: magpie and Hendre

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
Other than the chemo i was the only other person being rude. Sometimes we need to wear our big boy pants and not be soo sensative. Imo chemo wanted to be patted on the back for his opnion instead no one found it all that interesting and he got butt hurt over being disagreed with.
I was told that I do not care for my fish, that is what I was defending. Obviously (again) this is a lesson learned post so if I learned the lesson why would I do it again? I was fueling the fire there, but did not feel that the conversation needed to continue. Point blank she was rude, I responded poorly. The continuation of the matter by third parties is unnecessary and really isnt relevant anymore.

Chemo

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Fall River, MA
Okay advice is always good, but when given in a rude manner, I can understand why the op would defend himself. I mean guys come on be nice to newbies. There are a lot of good guys here i know it. Just some can be condesending and make the OP feel like a idiot.
Feels more like a community of self proclaimed professionals who condemn people who try unconventional things Or try to learn things for themselves. I certainly do not feel like an idiot, I feel that just is not a very welcoming group to new members and is not a place for beginners . I've been in the hobby a long time, I've seen setups contain multiple species that simply should not be housed together, but somehow work out free of incident. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. But I've never been ridiculed on public forum for posting about an experience I learned. Just because you might not try something, doesn't mean others wouldn't.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Feels more like a community of self proclaimed professionals who condemn people who try unconventional things Or try to learn things for themselves. I certainly do not feel like an idiot, I feel that just is not a very welcoming group to new members and is not a place for beginners . I've been in the hobby a long time, I've seen setups contain multiple species that simply should not be housed together, but somehow work out free of incident. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. But I've never been ridiculed on public forum for posting about an experience I learned. Just because you might not try something, doesn't mean others wouldn't.
I just don't see that this is not a welcoming group. The poly subforum is very welcoming and newbie friendly, particularly to people who are receptive to input and who aren't set in their ways. The cichlid sections can get a little heated at times, but I've seen a ton of people helped in all areas of this forum, new and experienced hobbyists alike. I've been on lot of aquarium forums, and this one seems to have an exceptionally active, experienced membership for new people to learn from.

When people are open to learning, there is so much to be had here.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was fueling the fire there,
And that why you received the reaction you did.

Everyone makes mistakes in this hobby and experimenting is part of the game. She gave you healthy criticism imo.

It wasnt the mistake it was the mis-information. Had someone stumbled upon this thread and read your comments they would have assumed that keeping ropes with lower jaws could work out more times than not. You stating that you would do it again so deal with it kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

Any way good luck with you're polys

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store