Big Fish

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
davo;678462; said:
how the hell do you catch tuna? they are beasts. some big fish there

Large fish large tackle ;) This 3,427 lb White Shark: The Largest Fish On Rod and Reel gives you an idea. (old pic they are taged and not even taken out of the water now)

I quote"This shark was a little over 17 feet long and took us an hour and forty minutes to put the first gaff into it and then, after struggling for another hour, we finally got the fish secured with a tail rope, and dragged it home behind the boat. "

As i always say shame to have killed it:irked: :cry:

but you require rods and reels that can cope with it;)

1.jpg

TheFrankandDonnieFish.jpg

AROWANA_MAN

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Japari Park
twitter.com
stotty;675630; said:
I like to keep the fishing forum ticking over in the winter praying for the good weather to arrive so I can go sit by a lake in the sun and catch lots of my beloved Carp. But until then take a look at these pictures I found on the web

1 800 Pound Giant Blue fin Tuna! Going to need some bread for that sandwidge. And a hell of a lot of mayonnaise.

2 check out that bass OMFG

3 caught on fly while fishing for peacocks
wow actually caught a black aro

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
stotty;678518; said:
Large fish large tackle ;) This 3,427 lb White Shark: The Largest Fish On Rod and Reel gives you an idea. (old pic they are taged and not even taken out of the water now)

I quote"This shark was a little over 17 feet long and took us an hour and forty minutes to put the first gaff into it and then, after struggling for another hour, we finally got the fish secured with a tail rope, and dragged it home behind the boat. "

As i always say shame to have killed it:irked: :cry:

but you require rods and reels that can cope with it;)
Yeah the rod and reel together are like 2,000

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
Gonzaga;678459; said:
The only dead ones are most likely that Tuna. Grouper and that ray..if its even real. The Tuna won't go to waste I can tell you that. Here on Long Island we see tuna like that all the time and not a single drop of meat goes to waste. Some people will keep it all for themselves and hand it out to neighbors and friends. Some will donate to food shelters. Most people sell there where you can get anywhere from 8-20 dollars a pound!! My buddy Jamie Quinn hooked up with a 1000 pounder (750) dressed 2 summers ago. Boy did he get some cake for that one. The grouper probably will also be sold/eaten.
that ray is real there are a few ocean going rays taht get that big and supposedly a few FW ones that get almost that big

ae2359

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
michigan
Whats incredible about that brown is not the size, browns get that big all the time. But they are all andronomous, that brown is not ocean run its a river fish. To catch a brown thats probaly close to 40" and not andronomous is incredible.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Those are all some big Monsters. I would love to go fishing in the amazon, catch some Aros and Pbass.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
damn shame to watch the worlds massive fish slowly shrink, and disappear. I only release my fish, screw the money and screw the food for shelters, i want my kids to be able to take me fishing for monsters someday... nice catches, just sad they died.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store