Big Piraya piranha eating mice

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Have you measured him recently? I remember seeing this guy in person when I purchased your manueli. Im guessing at some point you are going to be forced to a 24in or 30in wide tank. The largest piraya I have seen grown out was 20in but that was in a 800g.

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
Have you measured him recently? I remember seeing this guy in person when I purchased your manueli. Im guessing at some point you are going to be forced to a 24in or 30in wide tank. The largest piraya I have seen grown out was 20in but that was in a 800g.
Hi how is it? did your fish grow any larger?
I don't think Moby will grow much bigger anyhow fast, he will grow probably slowly now because he has to be 5 maybe 6 years old now..In a 800gl they probably get a lot larger.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I would expect he can probably reach 16in easily and looks close to that already. More than that, I am not sure.

I sold the manueli about a year ago, but the latest owner has said he has not grown much. I was forced to sell as I had him in a divided 180g with my 17yr old rhom. The rhom was showing considerable stress in the divided tank (really wanted to get to the manueli) and as I was battling HITH and him not eating, I decided to sell as a 2nd tank was not possible.

The rhom died several months after selling the manny. I contemplated getting a piraya/manny for the 180g, but decided to leave piranhas for a bit and went with an aimara wolf fish instead.

Reactions: Yohanon

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
I would expect he can probably reach 16in easily and looks close to that already. More than that, I am not sure.

I sold the manueli about a year ago, but the latest owner has said he has not grown much. I was forced to sell as I had him in a divided 180g with my 17yr old rhom. The rhom was showing considerable stress in the divided tank (really wanted to get to the manueli) and as I was battling HITH and him not eating, I decided to sell as a 2nd tank was not possible.

The rhom died several months after selling the manny. I contemplated getting a piraya/manny for the 180g, but decided to leave piranhas for a bit and went with an aimara wolf fish instead.
Man that stinks maybe they got both so stressed out with the tank divided? hows the wolf fish doing .

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
First aimara I had for about 7 months and then it jumped out the tank during the night teaching me to respect their power and ability to go through regular canopies. Currently wolf I have had for just over a month.

Very different from piranha. The last one was nearing 11in and I had to be extremely careful with my hand in the tank. It would attack. The second one is more aggressive than the last one but is only around 6-7in so doesnt have the size for me to worry yet.

The power difference from an aimara hitting its food is night and day though. They really are powerful beasts. Definitely more impressive to watch than my 10-11in rhom.

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
First aimara I had for about 7 months and then it jumped out the tank during the night teaching me to respect their power and ability to go through regular canopies. Currently wolf I have had for just over a month.

Very different from piranha. The last one was nearing 11in and I had to be extremely careful with my hand in the tank. It would attack. The second one is more aggressive than the last one but is only around 6-7in so doesnt have the size for me to worry yet.

The power difference from an aimara hitting its food is night and day though. They really are powerful beasts. Definitely more impressive to watch than my 10-11in rhom.
If i dip my hand in my pairaya tank say goodbye to your fingers... I owned all types of piranhas and the piraya is the best ones I ever owned. I had normal and black wolf fish and Moby is way more impressive to me.

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee

That aimara will eventually out grow a 180. Talk about the ultimate badass though...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store