big single breeding pair in 300gal/6.6ft tank, bluegreen, personable predator

steenmillinder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2012
denmark
i like them to have nice green/blue coloration, i like inteligent/aware/owner responsive predators, id give them them a big pot to breed in at the end of the tank. I'd build a lot of good hiding places with my ex-marinetank live rock and big pieces of bogwood for the juvaniles to survive in. The kids surviving long enough pray on the fry, beat the crap out of each other and are themselves preyed upon by mom and dad. The rocks have A LOT of hiding places and deep inside a colony of RCS shrims and azteca scuds suvives and feeds the smallest of cichlid baby survivers.

I have a pair of RTM/freddy hybrids, love them! male is all teeth and display if i come to close to the kids, otherwise just watch me if i move or change position in my couch, they never never beg for food. They dominate a pair of jags where the famale jag is almost as big as tiger(male) and the male jag weighing 2-3 times more pushing 16'', and tigers still dominate, they coop better in battle then the jags and are way more agressive. I had a compleatly nuts 14'' dovii beuty male perfect form and fincolouration, pinkish dullish body(i miss some body coloration), he'd spend hours fighting his surface mirror image, he was to nuts and would end up outgrowing the tank anyway, got rid of him.
I wierdly kinda miss the interaction from my puppyfish oscar. My 16'' jag has shown me that i LOVE them big and predatory looking, what is your best shot at a fish?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Tanginican tilapia.
zonatus
Argentea
Dovii x jag
Flower horns
Butti
Snooks
Jardini

steenmillinder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2012
denmark
have been looking at a trimac, also flowerhorn and rivulatus, but they can become a bit stocky, then id rather go with a jag..

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Snooks are worthy of a look, get big and are streamline like a jag, slot more Scare's too.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
What about cichla?
Kelberie are nice... (spelling wrong?)

Reactions: Achilles1763
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store