Biggest mistakes you have made in aquarium keeping?

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
A month or 2 ago I thought my filter was broken but turned out I forgot to plug it back in after a water change.
I keep my heaters & filters on the same power strip , I keep my air pump and lights on another. I only shut off the filters power strip when doing WCs. This way I still have air if I forget

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Well a mistake is only continual education, assuming it is not continuously repeated....

Repeatedly bringing unquaritened, fish, turtles, crawfish, minnows, drift wood, river rocks, along with Ich, Blue Green algea, Hydra, snails, planar, red worms and tiny water skippers.

The mistake, would only have happened if I drained, and sterilized everything. I still have a few drops of water in my tank from 10 years ago. Along with trace residue of biochar, rusty nails, galvanic corrosion of underwater LED lights, copper sulfate, neomycin, salt, hot water, actinic lighting, and assassin snail shell.

Still looking for some hardy top water feeders that can feed on the water skippers with out jumping out of the tank.

20211008_212755.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store