Black Ghost Knife (accidentally)

MNG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Do you have the babies together?
Are the parents interested in them?
Have you fed them? If so, what?
The babies are together but I am a little concerned and may buy something to separate tomorrow. I gave them some beef hearts and blood worms. The smallest one gulped down a blood worm longer than he/she is.
The parents are laying next to and swimming around the container. From what I have read today and yesterday, they are not good parents normally and would just assume eat them when they are fry. The smallest one is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
The babies are together but I am a little concerned and may buy something to separate tomorrow. I gave them some beef hearts and blood worms. The smallest one gulped down a blood worm longer than he/she is.
The parents are laying next to and swimming around the container. From what I have read today and yesterday, they are not good parents normally and would just assume eat them when they are fry. The smallest one is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
do they seem to you like they’re aggressive, curious, or stressed/anxious? I wonder if they can tell it’s their offspring or not, sorry just extremely interested in this! I’d love to know what they’d do if you let them out but obviously a massive risk, just super cool in all

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

MNG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
do they seem to you like they’re aggressive, curious, or stressed/anxious? I wonder if they can tell it’s their offspring or not, sorry just extremely interested in this! I’d love to know what they’d do if you let them out but obviously a massive risk, just super cool in all
It’s hard to say if it’s true interest for what’s inside or just a new place to lay feeling secure. Sure seems like they know. They do not normally hang out in that part of the tank.

MNG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
I am wondering if a key part of the survival of these two has to do with the current in the filter or the possible placement of the eggs on the filter intake. Maybe that’s a key component to breeding these things in a tank?

MNG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Look out for more!

Are you going to sell them?
These two are from different spawns and the only ones that have survived at this point. Being a community tank, if they hadn’t gotten into the canister filter they wouldn’t have made it. The one is about an inch......tiniest little BGK you could imagine. I think my brother is going to take that one and to be honest, I’ll offer the other up on a local page to someone with the right set up for free.

MNG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
So, 5 1/2 weeks later they have done it again.
my wife found them this time and sent me a short video. This is a screen shot from that video.
at least two more TINY babies in the other filter now. When I say tiny, looking at the video and the filter I am guessing half an inch or less?

0A9BA3EC-E276-4572-AFC2-A2B06AF6B50C.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store