Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Family: Apteronotidae

Scientific Name: Apteronotus Albifrons

Common Name: Black Ghost Knife

Origin: South America. Amazon and Paraguay rivers and their tributaries.

Water Parameters: pH 6.0-7.5, Temperature 75`F-82`F (23`C-27`C)

Temperament: Territorial towards it's own kind. Best to keep only one per tank. Otherwise, they get along with other fish as long as they don't fit in their mouths. They are relatively peaceful with other fish and don't bother them much. It's also best to keep them with fish that aren't too aggressive as they are scaleless fish and can be injured more easily.

Size: 14"-16"

Tank Size: 75g minimum

Aquarium Set Up: A well planted with a sandy substrate will work for them. Noctural in nature, so it is best to provide lots of hiding spaces.

Feeding: Will except Frozen Bloodworm and Brine Shrimp, Freeze-Dried Shrimp, Pellets, and Live Foods.

Sexual Difference: It is said that Males will have a longer face while Females are more robust.

Breeding: Unknown.

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
i picked mine up today. he is a cool dude, that has already found himself some solitude in a wooden "cave".

i need to find him some better digs, but it sure beats the 10 gallon hell hole i found him in

bb

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
dark_knights_99;2137013; said:
Put the Mottled, The Albino and the Platinum ghost knives pics benjamin
Those are some hard to find pics :nilly: Didn't someone here posted about that before? A White Black Ghost Knife?

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
benzjamin13;2137371; said:
Here's Red Devil's baby ;)

Thanks Liz! :D
your welcome... don't mind the yelling parrot in the background.. she knows when to hollar...:headbang2

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
I love these little guys! They are truely a bundle of energy, just watching mine do his little tricks keeps me entertained for a few minutes... Only down side if you keep them in your bed room they are quite the talkers!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store