Black lace clown angelfish

Red Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2019
Sacramento
Beautiful tank and fish!

Now those guys are gonna start eating your cardinals. Happens when the light comes on in the morning. The cardinals are slower to wake up than the angels and sooner or later one or two of them will start picking off the drowsy cardinals for breakfast.

Reactions: angelcrze

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Beautiful tank and fish!

Now those guys are gonna start eating your cardinals. Happens when the light comes on in the morning. The cardinals are slower to wake up than the angels and sooner or later one or two of them will start picking off the drowsy cardinals for breakfast.
It’s not too bad actually, I started with 21ish cardinals. I lost some in the beginning due to weakness, a couple got pecked off and now I’m left with about 9 of them.....ok those numbers sound terrible lol

I haven’t lost any cardinals in about 6+ months

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Well it’s been just over a year. I have a pair that has formed. They have started cleaning a leaf to lay eggs on, soon be time to re-home the others....at least 2...I’m so attached to the other angels I don’t want to re-home them haha

I should have eggs in a day or so

female cleaning leaf
DFF47277-C110-4853-ABD9-F66C4F658FCF.jpeg
Male left, female right
56632D14-C144-4045-ABB7-FAA7618D4671.jpeg
male in front, female behind
4DE66ADA-0B67-431D-BBF9-F72F1D9C1C31.jpeg
88CA9D7B-E806-42CF-A7FC-290FAB0B928F.jpeg86318EFA-8131-40BC-8D72-A545FF34C961.jpeg

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
I though this was a marine thread ofrm the title. lol A black ice clownfish and a marine angels fish! lol :ROFL: :rofl:
Well it’s been just over a year. I have a pair that has formed. They have started cleaning a leaf to lay eggs on, soon be time to re-home the others....at least 2...I’m so attached to the other angels I don’t want to re-home them haha

I should have eggs in a day or so

female cleaning leaf
View attachment 1416999
Male left, female right
View attachment 1417000
male in front, female behind
View attachment 1417001
View attachment 1417002View attachment 1417003
Congrats! If you don't want to rehome the others and have room get a 20h or a 29. That's the usual size tank for breeding angels. Do you want to breed them and raise the fry? angelcrze angelcrze will be able to help you.

Your black lace angel is gorgous. My favorite out of all of them.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I though this was a marine thread ofrm the title. lol A black ice clownfish and a marine angels fish! lol :ROFL: :rofl:

Congrats! If you don't want to rehome the others and have room get a 20h or a 29. That's the usual size tank for breeding angels. Do you want to breed them and raise the fry? angelcrze angelcrze will be able to help you.

Your black lace angel is gorgous. My favorite out of all of them.
Haha my ice angels!!!

when I first purchased them I wanted to breed them but it took them so long to pair up that I “moved on”. I stocked all my other tanks, I was going to use my 33g as a breeding tank but it’s fully stocked now...I also do not have any more room for any more tanks.

I think I’m going to let nature take it course with this batch, watch the aggression and make a call in the next few weeks. There are some torn fins, missing scales and the other 4 angels are always hiding.

it’s heavily planted so that’s good...I wanted a different pair of angels to pair up rather than these two...my other two that look like these two might be males and Th we are much larger and more robust than this pair. The other two “blue” clowns have way better patterns....is t that how it always works, the ones you don’t want to pair end up wanting to make babies?

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Haha my ice angels!!!

when I first purchased them I wanted to breed them but it took them so long to pair up that I “moved on”. I stocked all my other tanks, I was going to use my 33g as a breeding tank but it’s fully stocked now...I also do not have any more room for any more tanks.

I think I’m going to let nature take it course with this batch, watch the aggression and make a call in the next few weeks. There are some torn fins, missing scales and the other 4 angels are always hiding.

it’s heavily planted so that’s good...I wanted a different pair of angels to pair up rather than these two...my other two that look like these two might be males and Th we are much larger and more robust than this pair. The other two “blue” clowns have way better patterns....is t that how it always works, the ones you don’t want to pair end up wanting to make babies?
lol

oh. yeah. Angels ccan take years to pari and then sometimes a pari can separate and one of those anels bonds with an other angel. They are complicated fish. lol

ok. It relly depends on the pair. Some are 'mellow' while other are complete terrors. How large is the tank? Length? Full tank pic?

You can try to force a pair. But you need to have two confirmed fish of the opposite sex. And by confirmed I mean tow that have spawned before. And the parents may produce some wacky fry. Wacky as in a color strain that you are never expecting. Discus can do the same thing. Ive seen two oranges produce a turquoise. You have no way of knowing what these angels' patents were and what those parents parents were etc. so they can produce some beautiful fry that look nothing like the parents. Just wait and see.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
lol

oh. yeah. Angels ccan take years to pari and then sometimes a pari can separate and one of those anels bonds with an other angel. They are complicated fish. lol

ok. It relly depends on the pair. Some are 'mellow' while other are complete terrors. How large is the tank? Length? Full tank pic?

You can try to force a pair. But you need to have two confirmed fish of the opposite sex. And by confirmed I mean tow that have spawned before. And the parents may produce some wacky fry. Wacky as in a color strain that you are never expecting. Discus can do the same thing. Ive seen two oranges produce a turquoise. You have no way of knowing what these angels' patents were and what those parents parents were etc. so they can produce some beautiful fry that look nothing like the parents. Just wait and see.
Well that didn’t take long and I missed it! They now have eggs!

I won’t be forcing any pairs, they seem fine not too aggressive yet, not too attentive either....a little fanning here and there.
Tank is a 60 cube 24x24x24

4662BB53-4368-4E62-95EF-FB656A9E9BBF.jpeg51E2A465-1DEC-4A8D-ACB1-FD4A0567A535.jpeg

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Well that didn’t take long and I missed it! They now have eggs!

I won’t be forcing any pairs, they seem fine not too aggressive yet, not too attentive either....a little fanning here and there.
Tank is a 60 cube 24x24x24

View attachment 1417025View attachment 1417026
Congrats!

It was just a suggestion. I just recently learned about it. :) Well I hope they don't shred your other fish. :)
that's really a terrible shape for angles to spawn in a community. Don't get me wrong. I love cubes but that's a terrible shape to have a breading pair in (if there is other fish).they spawned in a corner and aren't too aggressive so that's good but A pair of angels can take over 3.5 feet of a 4 foot tank. that's why I say a cube is a bad shape.

Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store