Black stripe pike??

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
That’s awesome, I had no idea pikes had that much personality! It’s the much meaner part that scares me lol.
Especially while you still have the discus in your main tank too.

That’s why I stayed away from them in the end. Lol. Once again another fish we seem to agree on.

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Yeah that discus definitely has to go! I like it a lot but it’s not working for my stock.
I also see that you have a group of 7 clown loaches as well! Awesome!
Especially while you still have the discus in your main tank too.

That’s why I stayed away from them in the end. Lol. Once again another fish we seem to agree on.

Reactions: Matteus

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Pikes could easily outcompete discus for food. The streamlined torpedo body says it all.
Yeah that discus was never supposed to make it into that tank. It came with a bunch of fish I bought and it has been eating fine but the stress bars haven’t gone away.
I’m looking for a better home for it ATM, maybe trade it for some other fish.
But I absolutely wouldn’t put pikes in that tank with a discus and I need to learn a lot more about them before I get my first pike.

Reactions: Matteus

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I don't know, the one on the right looks more like Cr. lucius than Cr. sveni to me, at least based off that pic.

Reactions: Rob909

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yeah that discus was never supposed to make it into that tank. It came with a bunch of fish I bought and it has been eating fine but the stress bars haven’t gone away.
I’m looking for a better home for it ATM, maybe trade it for some other fish.
But I absolutely wouldn’t put pikes in that tank with a discus and I need to learn a lot more about them before I get my first pike.
Try some of the dwarf pike species. Regani or compressiseps. Can always ask ur lfs to order or try aquatic clarity has some comps available.

Reactions: Matteus and Rob909
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store