Black tape for aquarium background?

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
I wanted a temporary black background for an aquarium. I'm very poor at putting on those pre made background. I don't want to paint it because i may want to remove it someday. Would black tape work? like electrical tape or something.

Addikted2Cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Northern Italy
I would say so, black construction paper would probably work as well.. Tape would take awhile.. You could paint it black though.. The paint will not be very hard to remove..

Gruntking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Miami
You can just buy the black background and tape it on....
OR you can buy black cardboard or poster paper and tape it on as well, only downside is that it will eventually get wet.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Most of the latex paint you can buy, comes off super easy. I would just paint it as nothing else just quite compares.

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
i can't really paint it though. The tank is already set up, and i wouldn't be able to move it at all. the construction board idea sounds really good.

erk419

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio
If you able to get behind thee tank to put tape on it then you should be able to get behind it to paint it. If you wanted to paint it justthrow some plastic like you would use on the floor when you paint over the top of the tank so no paint gets in the tank. But if you don't want to paint it give the construction paper a try.

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com

shellies215

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
PA
If you cut black posterboard to the right size, it will slide in between the glass and the plastic trim. Tight fit, no tape, looks almost as good as painted

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
back paint and a roller you only need a few inches behind the tank and dont have to worry about anything gitting in the water pluse all you need is a razer blade and it come right off

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Paint the walls behind

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store