Blue acara and Elec Blue acara pics please

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
What's your opinion on jag's question for tank mates? Do you think convicts are too nasty?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I had a green terror several years back. He got about 8 inches and started trying to kill everything in sight. Took it to a LFS to trade in and he bit a hole in the bag on the way to the store. Good looking fish, but got a little mean. I was new to cichlids then and had a combination in my tank that should never have worked. Except for the green terror, most of them got along.

Most aggressive fish I have had was a Jag/Dovii hybrid, 14 inches long. I loved him, though. My first real monster fish, and a bit of a challenge to keep. I had him almost 2 years before I lost Jag.

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
Ah cool .. yeah he will have his own tank before he hits 5" .. have kept jags, Midas, flowerhorns, ... jags for me were the crazy aggressive ones .. determined to kill anything .. except a 16" black shark he was scared of

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I still love the wild look of a jag. But I know a 55 really isn't a good size for a jag. I decided to do a different fish this time, something I can keep more than one of. Saw EBA's at a local Petsmart and that got me thinking of trying them. They are 20.00 here. I originally had in mind nicaraugans. I know, misspelled. But EBA's are available locally and I like the bright blue colors.

Reactions: Tomt37

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
They're a great fish and display enough character to make them interesting but not enough to give you a headache. I'm going to move my pair into a planted tank soon ..

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I was going to upload what I have set up so far on my 55, but my phone won't cooperate. Only plants I will have are plastic. I kill houseplants, let alone aquatic ones. My grandparents green thumbs didn't reach me. No such thing as too many tanks. They keep needing to be moved into their own spaces.

Reactions: Tomt37
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store