Blue Acara gill bubble

Dylanhhhhhhh

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2016
Help! My Blue Acara had developed a bubble on the underside of his gill. I have never seen anything like this before :s.20160315_214843.jpg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
You can try an epsom salt bath for 30 minutes and see if that helps. You will need pure epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) with no other ingredients. Take a gallon or 2 of tank water, and place in a container with an airstone. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt per gallon, and place the fish in there for about 30 minutes or once they start to act real uncomfortable, which ever comes first.

Dylanhhhhhhh

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2016
You can try an epsom salt bath for 30 minutes and see if that helps. You will need pure epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) with no other ingredients. Take a gallon or 2 of tank water, and place in a container with an airstone. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt per gallon, and place the fish in there for about 30 minutes or once they start to act real uncomfortable, which ever comes first.
Thanks, will try

Dylanhhhhhhh

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2016
Hey, gave the little fella an epsom salt bath and the bubble is now visibly smaller. If it doesn't completely go away in a few days should i give him another bath, or just wait it out? Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Skalper666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store