Blue acara temperament.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
The Wetspot in Portland has them, saw them in person, cute little guys. I cant wait till I can get some myself.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The Wetspot in Portland has them, saw them in person, cute little guys. I cant wait till I can get some myself.
I am a little far from there :confused:

love my electric blue. hes a picky eater though. the only one of my cichlids who refuses to eat pellets.
Not good, hoping the normal will catch on quick if I get one

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Indeed South Africa is a little ways away. I live a 20 min drive away from them is why I mention them.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Indeed South Africa is a little ways away. I live a 20 min drive away from them is why I mention them.
You are lucky there :p

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They seem rather neutral and mellow in looks, nothing in my tank is colourful so it fits in :p

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
love my electric blue. hes a picky eater though. the only one of my cichlids who refuses to eat pellets.
He will. Mine was picky at 1st. I was worried. I found he liked flake food (and worms. Loved blackworms but they are too much money. So i supplemented with small worms. I only gave him a worm 1x per week or so)

Then one day he began to eat some of the floating stick food that i feed my arowana. I think it helps to have other fish to show picky eating fish what to eat.

I dont starlve any of my fish to make em eat specific foods. They have all eventually switched. The only one left is my one ray. I thing when she goes in the comm tank she will learn to eat pellets from the other rays.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Good thing is all the other fish are on pellets and at this time don't get anything else.

Nobody has a bullish acara?

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Once in a very long while you will see one that thinks it's more of it's close cousin, the green terror, than a blue acara, but it's fairly rare.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store