Blue Arowana

warren126

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
Atlanta Ga,
My LFS have some blue aro in they look nice they have a nice blue tint to them Im thinking about purchasing one just want to know will they stay this color are will it turn black help me out thanks

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Blue aro and black aro are one in the same....dont let them screw you.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Yep more than likely a black.

K.O.D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2005
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
The blue is a slight colour morph of the Black Aro, they use it as a marketing ploy to sell the same fish for more money, it is an O. Ferrerai the same as the Black. How much were they wanting for it??

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I always thought a blue was a young black....

K.O.D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2005
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
There is a difference in colour between the young supposed blue and a black arowana but that fades as they grow and they grow into juveniles looking exactly the same, because they are. I have read it is to do with local factors where they are caught.
Over here in the UK they were charging stupid money for a Blue, I bought my black before they became rarer than hens teeth and it was only £30 more than the silver aro's

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
their is no such thing as a blue aro it is just a more mature black

sellers hold on to them until they grow out of the baby black and white colors so they can get more money for them

blue black its the same fish so dont pay anymore that a black for it

which ever way you look at it blue or black they are both becoming hard to find now

Blackwater

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Seventh Gate
That's what I paid for mine, same size, also labeled Blue. Mine does have a blue tone to his fins. Great fish, you should buy it. $150 is a fair price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store