Blue berry arrowana

Antithesis123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
Oregon
Hey Guys- I'm the LFS Owner at Aquatopia. I agree with most people on here that Dying fish is cruel and I typically don't support it. I do have a "BlueBerry" Arowana and it IS a dyed Silver( he's really getting close to 6 inches). A black for $60 - lemme know where I can find them at that price! It's hard to even find blacks! He was shipped to me in a mixup when I ordered a few silvers. I only hope that like any fish, he finds a good home with someone who'll care for him well. I'm pretty straight forward about the fish in my store and definitely would not sell this fish or any other as anything less or more than what it is and I try to be fair about that too. Thanks all for supporting my little store!!

NajdanRW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Oregon
I can honestly say I have never heard of Black Aros called Blueberry, its always Dyed Silver Aros that get called it. They dye them a blue or red color typically and call them Blueberry or Strawberry Arowana.
what are the complications of owning a dyed silver arowana? They still look like awesome fish!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KingoRock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
Rockford
Post pic of this thing

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Antithesis123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
Oregon
what are the complications of owning a dyed silver arowana? They still look like awesome fish!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The complications are usually in the dying process in this case because they are stripped of their slime coat and dipped in a dye. Some other fish are actually injected with hypodermic needles and tattooed! The bias against them is that it's not natural and the process is cruel. The Dye generally starts wearing off as the fish grows. It's the same Arowana just tortured as a youth. Injected fish however, have a lower life expectancy. The blueberry in my store is healthy though and he does look pretty cool. Some of the regular silvers I get are pretty awesome fish with natural blue and red tints to them too. Dying an arowana I'm against BUT if we ever get gene spliced arowana like the glowfish tetras I'm all in!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store