Blue Phantom Has Discolored Patches

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Hi,
I have a 450 gallon pleco and it has discolored patches of skin on it. It has been constantly chased around by my green phantom pleco of the same size. I know i need to remove it but, i can't because i have to take out tons of rocks and wood, and get in the tank to catch the fish. I tried adding caves in the tank so they had more hiding places but that did not work. Are there any certain size, shape, or kind of pleco caves or decorations that would let the blue phantom be able to hide from the green phantom.
There are 2 blue phantoms but only one has discolored patches. There is 2 blue phantoms, one green phantom, a six inch L600, a L97, 2 adult male rhino plecos and 2 baby rhino plecos (stay on the other side of the tank and don't even show any aggression towards the other plecos.), a baby L114, a baby L007, a baby gold vampire pleco, and a L235 pleco, 3 frontosa and one goby cichlid in the tank, so if anyone of those fish would start a killing spree if i added some certain kinds of hiding places for plecos then i can't do that.
I will upload photos from my phone in a minute.
Thanks

Last edited:

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
He is still eating like he normally would even though he is sick or beat up. Also, he was in this tank for months before he and the L200 started to fight.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Strange that they would stick so closely in a 450 gallon. If the tank is that size, I'd have thought that would be more than enough room. Maybe try spacing apart the hiding places?

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Thanks! I'll try that and see if that works.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store