Bobcats Return To Ohio 😀

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Agreed. Our 7-pound dog wouldn't stand a chance. The only wild cats seen within the city limits where I live, are cougars, but seeing that Calgary is only 90 minutes south of me I suspect that it won't be too long before bobcats show up here as well.

• Wow
Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Thats amazing, usually a good sign when predators return to their ranges. means the environment is healthy despite humans.

Used to see them regularly in MA living in Northern Worcester County and Hamden/Hampshire/Franklin counties. My father caught a 4 pack on his doorbell camera, but we were in farm and mountain country.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Agreed. Our 7-pound dog wouldn't stand a chance. The only wild cats seen within the city limits where I live, are cougars, but seeing that Calgary is only 90 minutes south of me I suspect that it won't be too long before bobcats show up here as well.
They are in Edmonton as well. I’d suspect they are also in your area.

• Wow
Reactions: RD.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Really? I was hoping they hadn‘t made it this far north. We are close to the river valley here too, but I have never seen or heard of any in RD….yet.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I wonder if what some folks are seeing in Edmonton area, are immature Lynx? I cannot find a single sighting reported of Bobcats in Edmonton area?
Not saying they couldn't be that far north in AB, but it would be rare. Same here in RD, where in Calgary they are now quite common.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I wonder if what some folks are seeing in Edmonton area, are immature Lynx? I cannot find a single sighting reported of Bobcats in Edmonton area?
Not saying they couldn't be that far north in AB, but it would be rare. Same here in RD, where in Calgary they are now quite common.
Oh you maybe correct! I have a couple of dog park friends that said they seen them….but I very well could be mis-remembering what the said they saw. It most likely was lynx

Reactions: RD.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store