Bold Craigslist Seller!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Ive seen wanted ads for snakeheads here in miami. Also seen arowanas with the same ad now that i think about it hmmmm also pirhanas

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
I highly doubt its a bust ... more people have them in the US then this site acknowledges. Posting a fish on Craigslist is not how they would work at all.. since how can they prove I knew it was illegal? I'm just an innocent person who saw a sweet looking fish that was for sale .... even at best you would get a fine its not prison time... but still none the less feds typically show up not sell since fish isn't cocaine not everyone honestly know there illegal I know some fish keepers of oscars etc that I've heard say oh wow I never knew they were illegal in the US really?
+1 the government doesn't have the $$$ to regulate all the local ads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
If everyone who posted in this tread would just "flag" that listing, the nonsense would be removed

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
Yeah I've had a few people.on Craigslist tell me hey I also have some snakeheads for.sale to when I would enquire about other fish and also I've seen piranhas for sale.here too which are illegal here

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Naes556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
USA
Please excuse my ignorance on arowanas but what is the difference between a legal silver one and an Asian red one?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
In the US, Asian aros are listed as CITES I and IUCN 1. This brings the species under the U.S umbrella of the Lacey Act which prohibits the trade, trafficing, and possession of species listed under the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store