Boneless frozen tilapia filet's safe to feed?

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
i fed my RTC and TSN with those tilapias still with bones. everything is fine.

dwilder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2008
florida
you do have to be careful when feeding freshwater fish to other freshwater fish there is a possibility of disease

dwilder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2008
florida
freezing does not kill everything not saying its a huge threat but fish can get sick that is why alot of people feed saltwater fish to freshwater because of possible disease

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I feed Frozen Freshwater Tilapia, Frozen Freshwater Muscles, Frozen Freshwater Prawns,
I prefer to not feed Saltwater anything to my fish or rays. I check the package to make sure it is freshwater, usually Aquaponics farms. They don't eat Saltwater fish in the
wild.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
What are the odds off disease..... I dont feed feeders. Not once to my bichirs because the risk of disease and what not...

dwilder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2008
florida
the thing with tilapia is its farm raised this very often leads to disease but can also happen in the wild freezing does not kill many of the parasites and other pathogens and it is pretty common knowledge that feeding freshwater fish to other freshwater fish can and does pass the problems on not saying you will have an instant problem but its not rare to have issues either

dwilder

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2008
florida
frozen is safer than fresh so if your gonna feed fresh water fish it is the best way and if the fish was deep frozen it does kill alot of things most stuff i get from the store isnt frozen to very low temp though and some stuff can survive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store