BOY THIS MAKES ME MAD !!!!!!!!!

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Spankbelly;1948709; said:
Remember that line from Broken Arrow?
"I don't know what's scarier. The fact that we lost a nuclear weapon, or the fact that it happens often enough that there is already a term for it."
I guess people have been swimming with alligators long enough that the laws are already sorted out.
Live in the real world, not movie quotes, MR APEX:ROFL:

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
JD7.62;1932947; said:
Pretty much the only thought out comment in this thread. How would you feel if that happened to your child? No matter how dumb of a mistake it was, Id tear through a thousand gators in hope of finding the arm to give my child a chance at a normal life.

Eight stupid pesky alligators and some of you are calling for the kid to kill himself? You people are sick twisted freaks. :irked:
For a start, just because you have lost an arm, doesn't mean you will have an "abnormal life". I am a state registered Prosthetist/Orthotist and the current technology in prosthetics is astounding. That aside, being a medical person, there is absolutely NO chance you could reattach an arm that has been through a gators stomach even if its only been in there a few minutes it would already be mangled from the teeth and the high acid content in it's stomach. Dumbass to the fool that went swimming and dumbasses to the people killing gators to find an arm, get a grip - it only makes florida sound as backwards as most of the planet thinks it is (and it certainly does i'm afraid!).

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
I perform anesthesiology at a Level I trauma center. The poster above is correct. An arm that has been bitten off by an animal can not be reattached. Over and over again I find that when things like this happen, the event was preceded by an irrational or unwholesome activity. That's not to say that people "deserve" it, just that they participated in its occurrence. There IS a reason why some people get their arms bitten off by alligators and some people don't.

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
Yeah, but instead of thinking to myself "you got what you deserved," I would prefer to think "it's unfortunate that you decided to mess with the bull." Some people mess with the bull a lot and never see the horns, and some people duck the horns and they strike someone else. So, I think it's better to scrutinize the choice rather than the outcome. I don't think anyone deserves to die, but we're all going to at some point - some of us just take more care to postpone it. It's regrettable that the young man didn't take the opportunity when he was in the media to express the dangers of swimming with alligators and of becoming intoxicated beyond the point of reason.

crisper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
over there boi
dmed;1950218; said:
Yeah, but instead of thinking to myself "you got what you deserved," I would prefer to think "it's unfortunate that you decided to mess with the bull." Some people mess with the bull a lot and never see the horns, and some people duck the horns and they strike someone else. So, I think it's better to scrutinize the choice rather than the outcome. I don't think anyone deserves to die, but we're all going to at some point - some of us just take more care to postpone it. It's regrettable that the young man didn't take the opportunity when he was in the media to express the dangers of swimming with alligators and of becoming intoxicated beyond the point of reason.
Alchohol and youth can be a dangerous mix. I am quite sure many of us have done foolish things while young and intoxicated. Some of us are lucky,some not.

kasper909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2007
SoCal
:screwy:When they got his arm back,someone should have beat him with it!

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
crisper;1950499; said:
Alchohol and youth can be a dangerous mix. I am quite sure many of us have done foolish things while young and intoxicated. Some of us are lucky,some not.
Yes, if any act of ignorance or inhibition makes one deserving of a tragic fate, then I should be long gone by now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store