BP Shyness is ridiculous.....

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
BPs are really a grab bag of personality. I had great luck kicking the temp up to 80-81 from 77
Mind you I only have ever been able to keep a BP solo in a 55 gallon tank. But to your point about dithers I was able to get a hold of 3 fantail goldfish and it rounded out the tank perfectly.
I see my BP daily, it’s almost to the point she will take it out on the goldfish if I am not in my office at the same time I was yesterday. Love the personality but it takes time to really get the fish comfortable with their surroundings and you.
All I can tell you, is either you’re in it to find out how the fish will behave or the fish will do as it pleases regardless what you would like to have happen.
That's a odd combo, goldfish needs colder water than blood parrots and parrot can stress them out a lot.

Reactions: Deadeye

Dalfrey86

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
That's a odd combo, goldfish needs colder water than blood parrots and parrot can stress them out a lot.
I won’t deny that. It has worked well for me and I know the risk I am taking. The princess BP has a back up tank ready to go should this arrangement not work out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store