Brachyplatystoma capapretum new pick up

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
This is a real interesting one for me. Bought mine from Neil at Pier as a Cappa but was widely thought to be a fila.
mine had numerous spots which came more over time. This one appears to have more spots than mine but equally, these spots are much larger than mine had.
shape says fila but pattern to me says cappa.
Still honestly think too young to distinguish personally.
i really ought to dig into the library to see what papers on description exist at the museum.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Right! I forgot that you bought yours as a capapretum too and also from Pier. I think there a pattern emerging.

Everyone agreed yours was a filamentosum.

tony tropical

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
redditch uk
This is a real interesting one for me. Bought mine from Neil at Pier as a Cappa but was widely thought to be a fila.
mine had numerous spots which came more over time. This one appears to have more spots than mine but equally, these spots are much larger than mine had.
shape says fila but pattern to me says cappa.
Still honestly think too young to distinguish personally.
i really ought to dig into the library to see what papers on description exist at the museum.
How long ago did you get yours

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
How long ago did you get yours
February last year. He was the last of his batch which they had in the off store area. Were all up as cappas but the spotting didn’t fit when I got him at around 8" .
IMG_20190216_152344-1.jpg

Whilst his spots were smaller than yours they decreased significantly quite quickly and increased in quantity.
IMG_20190729_224610.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store