Breeding Dwarf Cichlids

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Some lfs are an exception to quality, i would suggest trying you're luck online. Depending on the right breeder, you might get some really healthy and colorful fish. Then again you're guaranteed you're fish. I know some people would rather see things in person, but do you're research and ask question with breeder.

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
Some lfs are an exception to quality, i would suggest trying you're luck online. Depending on the right breeder, you might get some really healthy and colorful fish. Then again you're guaranteed you're fish. I know some people would rather see things in person, but do you're research and ask question with breeder.
It’s difficult to find Apistogramma breeders online. And people who breed rams seem to have an exclusive club and if you mention something about breeding they get defensive.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok you just reminded me of something, I’m a member of another forum where this guy was breeding black rams. Yes, black rams. Here is the link, I’d reckon he’d sell to you. Maybe mention I told you to check it out. Same username here and there.

Reactions: tlindsey

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Check aquabid out they have all the fish you just mentioned. Half the time they have pairs also.

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have found a couple places I could get the fish I want. But I’m gonna have to wait. Going on vacation next week. So instead here’s a tank photo to hold your guys intrest.

9274D8D4-6E4A-4BCF-8129-F81494BD32AD.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bad news folks.
I called the fish store yesterday to ask about my apistogramma. The male passed away and the female looks like shes going out.Back to the drawing board.

Sorry to hear that The Wetspot may have some in stock.

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
Sorry to hear that The Wetspot may have some in stock.
I don’t deal with wet spot because I’ve heard quite a few bad reviews. And I never thought to check divers den. I usually only do that for my salt waters. But dang, to get both would be nearly twice as much as my lfs was offering em for.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store