Breeding my angelfish

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
I've have my angel fish for a while and they have laid eggs multiple time and was wondering how to have them breed so I may keep the fry

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
A little update the eggs are amber colored I hope they will hatch I really don't know what to do to get the fry

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If you don't have a tank for the parents removing the eggs to an aerated container can give you a chance to hatch them and raise in a seperate tank.

What's the adults tank like? Size? Tankmates?

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
If you don't have a tank for the parents removing the eggs to an aerated container can give you a chance to hatch them and raise in a seperate tank.

What's the adults tank like? Size? Tankmates?
They are in a 33 gallon with 5 serpai tetras 4 blood fin tetras 3 pictus cat and a fire eel and a common Plecostomus

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They are in a 33 gallon with 5 serpai tetras 4 blood fin tetras 3 pictus cat and a fire eel and a common Plecostomus
Best to upgrade eventually bud, breeding pairs of fish can beat down on other fish in smaller tanks, plus fire eels like space :)

I have an empty 22 gallon should I put them in there
You can do that, first few spawns may not hatch or get eaten. But I have seen that angels will get the hang eventually ;)

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
Best to upgrade eventually bud, breeding pairs of fish can beat down on other fish in smaller tanks, plus fire eels like space :)

You can do that, first few spawns may not hatch or get eaten. But I have seen that angels will get the hang eventually ;)
Thanks and I am trying to get a 200 gallon for buddy the fire eel and probably gonna put angels with him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store