Breeding pterophyllum santa isabel angelfish

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
As far as I know, SI breeding in capitivity has not been documented. I've seen "F1" SIs for sale too but there was no documentation of parents, spawning, etc, and it was not clear if the juvies were red back.

I got 6 more than 2 years ago, and still have 3 left. Magnificent fish. They are in the same tank as the panda Uarus. Well, the pandas have spawned more than half a dozen times but the SIs haven't...

Pm me if you want to chat ;)

orinocensis1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Rhode Island
Yeah 55 was just for the pair, if I get more, I'll upgrade their tank. I have a chance to get a custom column tank that's 135g and it's about 4ft tall, which will be great for them (don't remember the exact dementions).

And awesome Pete! I remember a long time ago you were telling me that you were getting them, I'm glad you enjoy them! I love my 2, very beautiful fish! I'll def shoot you a pm :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Something_fishy_juno

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2017
By chance selling one of them?

Hey everyone I recently acquired a pair of pterophyllum sp. red altum collection point amazonas brazil which I'm guessing are the santa isabel angels and was wondering if anyone successfully bred them? I'm looking for tips to trigger a spawn. I have seen f1 of them so I know it has been done. I know it's not gonna be the easiest thing in the world to spawn wild angels but I'm gonna give it a go! Thanks in advance

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

View attachment 1010938

View attachment 1010939

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store