Broken Bar laoch one spot

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
I have a chance to buy 6 small clown loaches, all have the broken bar, but one has a spot on one side instead of a broken bar, will this stay or will it turn to a bar? Is the spot a sought ofter loach? I saw one on here in someones tank but cant remember who.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
they are cool and the spots should stay
JD man has a few of them :grinyes:

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
I am not even close to a loach expert but do they look like this?

if so they will retain their patterns

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Mine look like that but with only 2 bars and a spot. Those colors look more rich than mine though. The black on the loaches in the picture look like velvet. Nice and healthy looking. I need to try the black gravel in their tank.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
We get 'broken-bar' or 'saddle-back' Clown Loaches in all the time at my work.. I was seriously considering investing in a large group to grow them out and hopefully breed them in a billion years.. Would be cool to have a breeding group of saddle-back clown loaches, so all the fry were similiar!

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
I am not even close to a loach expert but do they look like this?

if so they will retain their patterns
Does the black gravel/sand give them that definition to their colors? Those in the picture look about as good as anything I have seen. Mine are in a flourite colored substrate but I can change it to black sand.

Muillinaust

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
GSO, NC
Does the black gravel/sand give them that definition to their colors? Those in the picture look about as good as anything I have seen. Mine are in a flourite colored substrate but I can change it to black sand.
Black sand (or any black substrate for that matter) makes most fish look better in my experience.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store