Building My 15,000 Gallon Mini Mega Tank

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Benfica540 said:
What are you gonna stock the mini monster tank with?
The Mini has been up for 8 years.

I've got schools of arrowanas (silvers, formosa & jardini), brycons (3 species 12" to 24"), oscars, red hooks, schomburki, leporinus (5 species), goramy (both species), hoevini barbs, stingrays, giraffe cat, pteradoras granulosus, clown knives, a lot of larger central american cichlids, a few large african cichlids.

My alligator Gar was eating too many fish so I caught him and moved him to a 540 with a 38" african lungfish,

A female Motoro stingray who had some pups had to be moved because her mate was close to killing her trying to breed again. I put her in my 800

6 panigasius sanitswongi were caught by OLiver Lucanus because they were eating cichlids over 12" for late night snacks. They got moved to my 50k+.

nolemite

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2005
Canada
arapaimag said:
The Mini has been up for 8 years.

I've got schools of arrowanas (silvers, formosa & jardini), brycons (3 species 12" to 24"), oscars, red hooks, schomburki, leporinus (5 species), goramy (both species), hoevini barbs, stingrays, giraffe cat, pteradoras granulosus, clown knives, a lot of larger central american cichlids, a few large african cichlids.

My alligator Gar was eating too many fish so I caught him and moved him to a 540 with a 38" african lungfish,

A female Motoro stingray who had some pups had to be moved because her mate was close to killing her trying to breed again. I put her in my 800

6 panigasius sanitswongi were caught by OLiver Lucanus because they were eating cichlids over 12" for late night snacks. They got moved to my 50k+.
Hey Arapaimag, you forgot the absolute best fish in the 15K....the 24" Sorubim lima catfish!

just101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Im dying to see more pics of your larger tanks fully stocked. You wouldnt happen to have a site or more pics you could post?

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
How much did it cost to build this "mini" mega tank?

Great job by the way. :thumbsup: :headbang2

Benfica540 said:
hah, yeah. Seriously. A rich canadian though :screwy:
:ROFL: , jk
BUt seriously dude, you personify what a monster fish keeper is. I can only dream of having a tank that size. I can only think of it now. Stock it full of my favorite south american cichlids with tetras, piranhas, pacus, silver aros :drool:
Beni we all know youd just have millions of Neons an lemon tetras, especially now that your at petco. :ROFL:

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
I believe the best fish in either of the tanks was the fowleri :( I miss hearign stories about that one. It was 26 or 28" as I recall - larger than the maximum expected size of 24. :(

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
so you have a 50K , 15K , many other large tanks, such as 800g and 540g, you must really have a lot of moeny for the electric bill

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
I think if he can afford all of those tanks then the electric bill is the least of his worries. :)

You could grow that alligator gar up to its potential size in a 50k tank. The fish I would put in there...if only. :drool:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store