arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
reefman said:
you must have a good job or hit the megabux to afford these tanks :jaw: :jaw:
Didn't hit the megabucks either

I work hard because millions of people on welfare depend on me......

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
just101 said:
What an investment. More money in the tanks than the house itself most likely.

My friends say I used to have a handle on life.............but it broke :cry:

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
nolemite said:
Hey Arapaimag, you forgot the absolute best fish in the 15K....the 24" Sorubim lima catfish!
So SOOOOOOOOOOORY

Yes I forgot to mention the 3 Sorubim lima. One of which is possibly 24 inches TL. I got her a few years ago from NOEL Nathaniel the Vice Pres of the Hamilton Aquarium Society. She is a magnificent fish.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
AmazonPredator said:
I think if he can afford all of those tanks then the electric bill is the least of his worries. :)

You could grow that alligator gar up to its potential size in a 50k tank. The fish I would put in there...if only. :drool:

The Aligator gar is probably big enough to go in the 50k tank now (Remember it had been in the 15k before). Its over 30inches. But prior to now it probably would have been a late night snack for the Walego leeri, Sorubimichthys planiceps or the Phractocephalus hemioliopterus. Although I do have lots of cichlids in the 50K now it is because I added more lava rock a year after I built the tank. With the original supply of rock in the tank:

The Walego ate a school of 6..... 12inch Oscars the first night they were placed in the tank.

The Sorubimichthys planiceps ate a 28inch Arowana

The Phractocephalus hemioliopterus ate a 32inch eel. (The eel weighed about 3 lbs)

So the Gar would have been toast when he was smaller than 30 inches.

With the extra rock in place the smaller fish now have a lot better chance and in fact reproduce, live and are eaten much like in nature. Some of the smarter cichlids and characins have been in the tank for nearly 10 years now.

I leave 2 lights on in the tank at all times.

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
How does your Aba behave or is it on its own?
oh and some pix of the Wallago wouldnt go amiss :D

woolfie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
scotland
that is truelly a monster tank i though a ten foot tank was big i have seen a seventeen marine tank and a twenty foot discus tank but wow you sure know how to do it big over there

cheers woolfie

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
What an amazing tank. Gob smacked by it. :drool: :thumbsup: Would love this size filled with many Malawi cichlids. Would love to be able to swim with them when ever I want to. My own private little Lake.
:cheers: :mwave:

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
wayne the pain said:
How does your Aba behave or is it on its own?
oh and some pix of the Wallago wouldnt go amiss :D
The Aba Aba is in its own 500 gallon tank. They are too viscious for most fish to handle at night.

The Wallegos are too dangerous to go in this tank they are in the 50k+

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Scotty said:
What an amazing tank. Gob smacked by it. :drool: :thumbsup: Would love this size filled with many Malawi cichlids. Would love to be able to swim with them when ever I want to. My own private little Lake.
:cheers: :mwave:
I've had large schools of Malawi cichlids in the 50k+ and it would be cool to swim with them.

I lived in Capetown for almost 7 years a while back. SA is a beautiful country. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store