Building My 15,000 Gallon Mini Mega Tank

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Scotty said:
What an amazing tank. Gob smacked by it. :drool: :thumbsup: Would love this size filled with many Malawi cichlids. Would love to be able to swim with them when ever I want to. My own private little Lake.
:cheers: :mwave:

Hi Scotty,

Do you have any pics or website of the big tank in South Africa with the malawi cichlids.

seung_k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2005
Hawaii
Amazing! You have a 50,000 and now a 15,000 "mini mega" ?!?!? You are my hero! I agree, you must have a kick ass job, and a very understanding wife!

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Any pics of the shovelnose either the lima or the big boys in the 50K tank like the planiceps? ~Trent

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
mcblack said:
you never sieze to amaze me, two mega tanks!
you have a very supportive family :)

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............Maybe......That's why my ex girlfriend moved back to Japan

loganalexander

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
Virginia
Thats so cool to have in your house. How long did it take you to construct everything
and do you have any other projects in store for fish?

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
loganalexander said:
Thats so cool to have in your house. How long did it take you to construct everything
and do you have any other projects in store for fish?
The 50k took 1 year. The 15k took about 4 months. Both of these could have been done considerably faster if I was physically able. Paralyzed from the chest down does tend to slow wimps like me a bit. After those I did expand my pond collection, my fish rooms and both my indoor and outdoor bird aviaries. Since then I've had to reduce the number of ponds and am presently reducing the number of smaller tanks. My total gallons won't be reduced much. When this is done I might build a ......

kdenny35

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2005
mcblack said:
you never sieze to amaze me, two mega tanks!
you have a very supportive family :)
I agree, I have so many ideas, but know my would go for it. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store