Bulkheads on amazon?

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
have a very small leak coming out of a bulkhead. Looking to replace it and redo another at the same time. Was looking to try and do it this weekend but my LFS doesn’t have any 1.5” in stock. Are there any good ones on amazon or am I better off just getting them from jehmco. Also looking for 1.5 hose too

Thanks!

Reactions: Davidiator

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
have a very small leak coming out of a bulkhead. Looking to replace it and redo another at the same time. Was looking to try and do it this weekend but my LFS doesn’t have any 1.5” in stock. Are there any good ones on amazon or am I better off just getting them from jehmco. Also looking for 1.5 hose too

Thanks!
A lot mine come from amazon. They are usually CPR or lifeguard aquatics brand, cheap and I’ve never had an issue.

Reactions: Davidiator

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
A lot mine come from amazon. They are usually CPR or lifeguard aquatics brand, cheap and I’ve never had an issue.
Thanks man. Literally a year after filling the tank having problems. I think I over tightened everything since it was my first time using bulkheads that I just kept tightening thinking it would be better.

Also any suggestions for 1.5” hose?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I got my 1.5” hose from the hardware store. They only sold it in 2ft lengths so I just bought some barb unions and put multiple lengths together. Has worked out very well for me.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
BulkReefSupply is an option for bulkheads...but shipping not as good. What kind of hose do you need?

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
I got my 1.5” hose from the hardware store. They only sold it in 2ft lengths so I just bought some barb unions and put multiple lengths together. Has worked out very well for me.
Thanks! Ended up finding flexPVC hose sold on amazon so I just went with that and got my bulkheads too

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanks! Ended up finding flexPVC hose sold on amazon so I just went with that and got my bulkheads too
Piece of advice with flex PVC. Use fresh primer/cleaner. The key to no leaks on flex is softening the material a bit more than regular PVC. Whatever you normally do, do two or three of that. Solvent weld on both the flex as well as the socket end of the fitting.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Piece of advice with flex PVC. Use fresh primer/cleaner. The key to no leaks on flex is softening the material a bit more than regular PVC. Whatever you normally do, do two or three of that. Solvent weld on both the flex as well as the socket end of the fitting.
Was planning on using hose barbs? Will that be a problem

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Was planning on using hose barbs? Will that be a problem
Flex PVC is actually a PVC like material just can be bent unlike the hard line PVC. It’srigid. That would be pretty tough to get on a hose barb.

This is the stuff I’m referring to
37C560FA-5C41-44CB-A57C-4802A1C27E40.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store