Calling all anglers!!! Best lures for summer walleye?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've put a note in for this to be moved to the fishing lounge ;)

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I always used lipless crankbaits, just hopped em across the bottom. Typically caught largemouth bass, but have caught walleye doing it and even some catfish and muskie.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Was getting snaged ever a issue or did you target sandy flats?
It was a bit of a problem, especially since the lake I fish is actually a flooded town with a lot of houses, cars, buildings, and fallen trees. But I had a boat so I could usually get a snag out, plus I used 80 pound braid and a medium heavy rod so I never actually broke a lure off.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok are their any other lures you would recommend? could the rapala shadow rap deep work or the husky jerk deep?
Anything that looks like a fish that you can fish on the bottom could work. I've caught them on everything really, jigheads with crawfish or flukes on it, spinnerbaits, lipless crankbaits, crankbaits, live minnows and shiners, etc.

I just used lipless crankbaits because I got a bunch from bass pro shops during a clearance sale, $2 each so I got like 4 of each color (5 separate colors), plus they work for just about any predatory fish (I've caught stripers, walleye, sauger, muskie, pickerel, large and smallmouth bass, and even catfish on them). Plus, lipless crankbaits sink on their own, you don't have to reel to make them sink.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store