Can a 3inch dovii live with adult green terrors

Sasanne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
Nsw
Hi I'm pretty much just wondering if I can put my baby dovii in with my green terrors I know it's a risk on my green terrors end as they won't harm him but will he harm them even being way smaller

Sasanne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
Nsw
Grate thank you ... I tried him with a convict that was young but was around twice his size when he was smaller and he cornered it in the tank and started beating him so the convict came out straight away. Just didn't want that to happen again

Sasanne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
Nsw
He hasn't been with another fish since and either what I have would kill him or him kill it and the gt's are the only ones who really don't care who they are with as long as no one goes near their pot so if I attempt it I will update.. thank you for your help it's always hard to know with some fish majorly when young how they will behave until you try something

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
1603884398204.png
Its all about tank size.
I grew out some dovii in a 150 gallon with other cichlids, and it was fine until the dovii hit about 6 inches.
At that point "they" seemed to perceive there was not enough space and it showed in the form of aggression.
And when in a 1,000 gal enclosure, aggression subsided.
If you check out videos off Mel's dovii on youtube, in 500 to 1,000 gal tanks, they are quite docile, and sub-Dude.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store