Can anyone recommend a good Power Inverter

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Most of the fish are surface breathers anyway so there will be lots of holes. I used the battery powered air pimps before but kind of wanted less hassle since its gonna be a long drive, my back is so f'd up i'll probably need to pull over waaaaaay to often.

I guess im over thinking things with the heaters since it will be june, bins will be in the car. Worst case no AC for me ?
Ive always had crap luck with moving and having congicus shipped. Either they are sensitive to temp changes or ammonia. Figure the bio/air stones will help with the ammonia issues

Lol 55 and 25 gal totes. Polys in 1 small guys in ththe other
Zeolite and Seachem ammonia alert will be your friend during the car ride, so no worries about toxic ammonia.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Zeolite and Seachem ammonia alert will be your friend during the car ride, so no worries about toxic ammonia.
Ammonia alert is a good idea. Thx bro. I thought of using zeolite but im not too familiar with the product. Since im loading the existing established media into the bins with the fish isnt there a chance the zeolite could starve off the bb ?
Make sure you do a thread on this. Will be interesting to see pics.
Will do.

Reactions: LBDave

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Ammonia alert is a good idea. Thx bro. I thought of using zeolite but im not too familiar with the product. Since im loading the existing established media into the bins with the fish isnt there a chance the zeolite could starve off the bb ?

Will do.
missed the part of exist bio-media, no need for zeolite

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
if you buy a deep cycle marine battery and have it in the cab of the vehicle it will lol. I am not sure if I would try running large draws off of the car battery when driving as it might pull too much and now you or the fish will not be able to go anywhere. or run the risk of frying your electrical system.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
My Toyota Tacoma 2nd generation has a 400 watt inverter that runs 800 W if the engine is on. You might be able to pry one out of a junkyard pretty cheap because they won't know what the hell it is. I think they put them in every PreRunner and almost nobody uses the thing. You'll be able to tell if it was used or not and how much just by looking at the prongs under the cover to see if they are blackened or shiny.

The actual inverter itself is under the center console and only the plug is in the bed of the truck so if the bed is missing you will still have the whole thing most likely and they will have cut the wires or unplug them right under the cab.

Anyhow it's Toyota factory equipment so you likely can't buy too much better, unless you want to spend a fortune.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
A deep cycle marine battery is a very good easy and reliable solution, if you don't mind carrying the extra 65 lb.

RV batteries require more water & charging so make sure you know what you're doing, but they're very cheap and they last a long time if you don't let them sit dead in cold weather.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thx guys. Im gonna skip on the heaters. I can always run the cars heater if it gets a little chilly, though we are traveling in june.

Im still going to pick up an inverter to run some air pumps off of

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store