Can Piraya Piranha be put into groups or are they solitary?

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Basically the same question as the title. I know red bellies are shoaling and Blacks are solitary. But just found out about the Piraya Piranha and I'm assuming it is a solitary fish.

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
all pygo piranhas you can shoal...red bellies, super reds, caribas, pirayas and ternetzis. caribas are the most aggressive, pirayas are the biggest followed by the ternetzis. red bellies are the most common one which I'm really not a fan of. if you like red bellies...super reds have better color but basically just a red belly. the piraya you saw is huge that's why it has it's own tank...hard to find a pogo that big so probably the owner could put in with his smaller pygos

Reactions: BigShawn

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
all pygo piranhas you can shoal...red bellies, super reds, caribas, pirayas and ternetzis. caribas are the most aggressive, pirayas are the biggest followed by the ternetzis. red bellies are the most common one which I'm really not a fan of. if you like red bellies...super reds have better color but basically just a red belly. the piraya you saw is huge that's why it has it's own tank...hard to find a pogo that big so probably the owner could put in with his smaller pygos
Is it better for Piraya Piranha's to shoal or is solitary fine? I don't want to put any stress on my fish.

And what is a pogo?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store