Can you raise two arowana's together if you put them tpgether as babies?

Dirty Old Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2006
Arizona
RedestWing;511757; said:
I thought about doin like 6 Jardinis just so I could keep more than 1 together later down the road :D I tried a silver with the Jar I have now and all he did was bully the silver..... did not kill, but just made the silver not wanna be alive, so I took him back to my friends pet shop. Funny thing tho is my Jar will not touch anything smaller than him. I have a Carpintis in with him and they friggin stick together at ALL times :screwy:
Maybe your Jar just has small man syndrome :D

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
well thanks all for giving some insight on multiple Arrow's.. like i said before wish i had known this when i first bought my baby.. to take a chance with the one i have now that is roughly 16 inches would be too stressful on me.. i couldn't watch them beat and batter themselves up with out chickening out and moving one to another tank.. maybe if they were both babies i could go for it, maybe i still will if i see a couple of silver babies that i cannot resist..thank you and please keep posting because very interesting to read.. sort of a mystery unfolding... because i still think time will tell.

fishmaven

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
Houston, Tx
www.fishmaven.net
Red Devil;511401;511401 said:
Just wondering if it is possible to raise two arowana's together.. i have seen so many pictures of two or more arrow's together and yet i was always told to keep only one.
I wouldn't park a vintage t-bird next to a beat up pickup. I don't understand why you'd take the risk of missing scales or barbells or something you plan to grow out to full size. That's the reason for the recommendation when you initially bought your arawana.

I think you got good advice. BUT it's your money.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
fishmaven;512756; said:
I wouldn't park a vintage t-bird next to a beat up pickup. I don't understand why you'd take the risk of missing scales or barbells or something you plan to grow out to full size. That's the reason for the recommendation when you initially bought your arawana.

I think you got good advice. BUT it's your money.
i couldn't Help be in awe seeing two beautiful arows together and thinking maybe it is possible..and for some maybe it is.. I will be taking the safer route because i do care and love my animals.... ..and yes if that is the true situation than i am alot better off with one.. then have frazzled stressed fish.. i have learned alot by asking.. and i have learned alot by everyone's opinions.. and like i said before i am too chicken to risk it .. so until it is proven to me otherwise, i agree with you. Thank you

fishmaven

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
Houston, Tx
www.fishmaven.net
i couldn't Help be in awe seeing two beautiful arows together...
Me too. I heard that a LFS in Longbeach, Ca had a pair spawn in a 180g tank in the store. I think I've read about it too. I'd think they'd look pretty beat up afterward and am surprised that they managed to stay in the tank. It may be a myth...

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
fishmaven;513523; said:
Me too. I heard that a LFS in Longbeach, Ca had a pair spawn in a 180g tank in the store. I think I've read about it too. I'd think they'd look pretty beat up afterward and am surprised that they managed to stay in the tank. It may be a myth...
If this spawning really did take place i am sure we all would have heard about it so i would say if it did happen it was not a proven fact.. i just visited your web site and it is an impressive one.. you have quite alot of experience so glad to meet you.. I hope you don't mind if i ask you a thing or two in the future..

Cuda143

Feeder Fish
Jul 13, 2020
I have a 8 in and a 5 inch arowana is there any tips to keep them together the bigger 1 would not leave the smaller one alone I have them separated right now should I try to get the other one to grow and try again , any tips?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 8 in and a 5 inch arowana is there any tips to keep them together the bigger 1 would not leave the smaller one alone I have them separated right now should I try to get the other one to grow and try again , any tips?
Yes keep seperated and allow the smaller one to grow near the size of the bigger Aro.
It will take time because both will continue to grow fast imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store