Captive bred AUL Australian Lungfish just imported into the US

Stillwater

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2015
Minnesota
www.leopoldi.com
Early this morning the first captive bred AUL Australian Lungfish arrived in the US from Jardini International . They arrived in perfect condition at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport at about 1:00 AM. The 4 young specimens are settling in and eating well. Special thanks to Jason at Jardini International, Dave at NorthStar Aquatics, and Mike Maki from Premier Aquarium Service for pulling all the right people together to successfully import them.
FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Outstanding!....good to see the little guys somewhat available once again.
But are they really the first captive bred AULs,I was under the impression that a previous dealer bred the specimens that he sold and exported back when he was in operation?

Reactions: Stillwater

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The video will not play.

Stillwater

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2015
Minnesota
www.leopoldi.com
Outstanding!....good to see the little guys somewhat available once again.
But are they really the first captive bred AULs, I was under the impression that a previous dealer bred the specimens that he sold back when he was in operation?
These are the first from Jardini and from the Pine River population. I have some great photos of the female parent and there are photos of the male breeding group too (not sure who the specific male is). I believe some of the other breeding stock was acquired from the other Australian breeder, but these juvenile AUL's are from other specimens specific to Jardini. I will check with Jason at Jardini to make sure I am getting the details correct.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Very nice.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
These are the first from Jardini and from the Pine River population. I have some great photos of the female parent and there are photos of the male breeding group too (not sure who the specific male is). I believe some of the other breeding stock was acquired from the other Australian breeder, but these juvenile AUL's are from other specimens specific to Jardini. I will check with Jason at Jardini to make sure I am getting the details correct.
That is fine.I am clear on your meaning now....and the video is playing now.It no longer says "private".

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Great news congratulations!

To touch on the conversion, there are quite a few from the old source in the country. I'm excited there is a new source making moves!

Bigtime pickup. You're in the major leagues!

Reactions: Stillwater

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Wow would love these. Great to see someone go to such lengths to obtain an awesome fish. Dloks Dloks check this out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store