Catfish recommendations for large pond w/ Koi

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Stepping this back to basics.
Why do you want catfish?
The pond is 100ft diameter and 13 ft deep, the chances of ever seeing a catfish in there are zero to none existent even for any of the larger ones, including gold varieties of the same. The chances of seeing koi frequently are pretty low already, without the added threat of adding something to potentially grow to a size to be a threat to them.
Let us know more about what you want and why and other ideas may come to mind but for now, I just don’t get it.
I agree. I thought it was not that big. The only reason that comes to mind is cleaning.

Reactions: Bbuckley

catfishguy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
moon
Stepping this back to basics.
Why do you want catfish?
The pond is 100ft diameter and 13 ft deep, the chances of ever seeing a catfish in there are zero to none existent even for any of the larger ones, including gold varieties of the same. The chances of seeing koi frequently are pretty low already, without the added threat of adding something to potentially grow to a size to be a threat to them.
Let us know more about what you want and why and other ideas may come to mind but for now, I just don’t get it.
Catfish are interesting and they'd be a rare treat you'd get to see once in a while, also there are minnows that got into the pond by mistake and are breeding too quickly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store