CCA Presents AquaMania 2 - The Big Fish Deal (Feb 28-Mar 2, 2014; Gaithersburg, MD)

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The opening night of AquaMania was a blast. Amazing talks by Anton Lamboj and Shane Linder...awesome vendors in the room...lots of Aquarium Beautiful entries (more than last year?)...and great hospitality (thanks PVAS)!

So much more in stock tomorrow, including the Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction. Some really nice donations already arrived from Dave's Rare Fish, Mike's Fish, CCA members and others.

Matt

A weekend of fish, friends and fun begins...TONIGHT!

Matt

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
There's some AMAZING stuff that's going to be in the AquaMania Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction...a great mix of CARES fish, rare and unusual cichlids, cats, livebearers, inverts and other fish from all corners of the world...even Madagascar. Which is just perfect! Thanks to Dave, Mike and Jen, COA, Frank, Terri and all of the folks who have so generously donated to support CCA!

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
What an amazing second day of AquaMania...outstanding presentations from Anton Lamboj, Rusty Wessel and Pam Chin...culminating in a tribute to the Babes In The Cichlid Hobby and a donation of over $500 from the proceeds of the AquaMania Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction toward cichlid conservation and research and bunches of smiling kids receiving free aquarium set-ups as a result of the "Give a Kid a Tank" Competition!

Sometimes giving is more satisfying than getting...

Matt

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
The event was awesome! Thanks for everyone who made this happen.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
We pretty much doubled the size of the AquaMania Marketplace (swap meet) room from last year...and added a bunch more sellers...and it was still pretty crazy... A peek into the fun...

Imagine a 600+ person ballroom packed with hobbyists and your favorite vendors of every kind of fish and fish supply...there for the buying... If you weren't, you should have been there!

Matt

Aquamania2Marketplace.jpg

Aquamania2Marketplace.jpg

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
"I had an amazing weekend! Even my daughter had a great time! It was nice to talk to the speakers face to face Anton is is a trip.! Very funny guy. I really enjoyed hanging out with our fellow members and their families. It was also very nice to hang out with the people from YFS who's names escape me, TUIC's Jeff and Kate, and it was truly and amazing opportunity to get to drive Rusty Wessel and Pam to the airport. I was thrilled. I picked up so super cool fish from fellow members as well as some awesome Plecos to add to my collection.

Rusty commented that this was one of the best local club sponsored events he had ever been to."

What more can you say? :)

Matt

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Bill Arndt from Your Fish Stuff

Sounds like it was a very successful event. Everyone seems to have fun hanging out with Anton. He's a real funny guy. Rusty and Pam are great also, as are most people you meet in the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store