Change of plan - schoutedeni

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
magpie magpie - sure have :) Thrown in some live tadpoles, they haven't quite cottoned onto those yet. We crushed some ramshorns which they are adoring! Surprised to see one following the amano shrimp today, think his days are numbered.

Reactions: magpie

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed, love these little guys

Reactions: lilacamy931

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed, love these little guys

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
puff1.JPG puff2.JPG puff3.JPG Well they are being true hoglets now which is fantastic. Daily water changes whilst my filter gets used to them.

They have started abit of chasing and squabbling - hopefully it remains light behaviour (much like my pea puffs used to do). Giving me mini heart attacks at the moment due to all they've been through.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I don't know enough about keeping multiples - someone in here does though... have you seen the threads with that person posting? I think they have 2 or maybe 3 together and might be able to help you with that.

But... the good thing about them squabbling is that means they're feeling better. :)

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
Some chasing is normal

A buddy has two says it’s mostly something you see during feeding

Mine don’t chase too often until now because two have started spawning

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
Jackson Jackson - thank you for the reply really appreciated. I think I was an overly anxious owner after the initial issues getting them back to health. They *touch wood* have been doing well and eating well. We will have to see as they mature into adults but threw a load more live plants into the mix for them to explore with.

They've become a bit fixated on snails. Like bloodworm frozen or alive. Daphnia shrimp IF they are desperate but trying to wrack my brains for some other foods for them to try. Im thinking of getting some worms (think others know them as nightcrawlers)

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
S simko - thanks for the tips, will try and broaden their palate. I've had fresh prawn soaked in garlic which they ate when first arrived but now turn their noses up at it - ah puffs a personality that I truly love!

simko

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
Canada
So i gave them without garlic and two times with garlic.... the puffs really liked the krill when they had garlic soaking with it for about 1 hour max. I also let some soak with garlic overnight....they didnt like it at all.

can you buy the frozen krill locally? its much smaller than prawn.

also, ive thrown in frozen bloodworm cubes and they seem to attack it also, but my other fish really do the most damage on those

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store