Channa barca banned

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Anyone have a barca in there lfs must buy it, because form October they r banned fish to catch and sell,, guilty will be fined and put in jail

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Anyone have a barca in there lfs must buy it, because form October they r banned fish to catch and sell,, guilty will be fined and put in jail
Banned where? No ban planned in Belgium.

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
I m in India, I talked to Andrew rao sir, he told me from now, it's illegal to catch and sell, whatever fish already out for sale are okk, but from now no catching of barca in here assam(india) the only place where barca is found

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Wow ... this is sad news for me I was hoping to get my hands on a small group next year to form a breeding pair from

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Wow ... this is sad news for me I was hoping to get my hands on a small group next year to form a breeding pair from
Same here I also want barca this year , but when I contacted to Andrew sir he gave me this bad news

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
There's little hope in keeping this channa in the trade then :( I was hoping to eventually keep one, they are my second favorite channa

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Now would be the time to get a breeding pair then.
Not only would babies be worth a fortune, once the regulation take place, but prices as a whole are going to skyrocket.

Any idea when it actually takes place?

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
As much as I enjoy keeping channa and would love to one day breed Barca I am all for governments stepping and and putting restrictions on harvesting them from the wild for the pet trade. Most channa have very limited ranges , the global pet trade can easily decimate their wild populations if it hasn't already .

I do wonder if this full out ban will actually occur though or if it'll simply limit the number caught/ require additional permits. This same sorta thing apparently happened with diplo's a few years back and they are still readily available .

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Now would be the time to get a breeding pair then.
Not only would babies be worth a fortune, once the regulation take place, but prices as a whole are going to skyrocket.

Any idea when it actually takes place?
In September, some people in assam (india) get arrested for catching, still I am waiting for the full report on ban, last year I have male and female barca in my hand in Andrew rao sir's home, but what I take auranti, stewartii, andrao, and think that I buy them next year, and see what happened, so stupid of me

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Mmmmm.... I have several friends here in china that have barcas. Apparently there are breeders in SE Asia and the baby ones have come in multiple batches this year already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store