Channa barca banned

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Bro I told u that in India, where I belong, and barca too, it's banned now, catching and selling wild ones, and it's really amazing that breeders are able to breed barca now

Ashique Iqbal Ahmed

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2017
As hobbyist i feel bad on the ban but as a resident of Assam, the only place for barca.. i welcome the ban. If captive breeding is not done for barca.. soon there will be no barca left in the wild.. infact it's been years i haven't seen one in the wild.

Reactions: Gaz_ham

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
As hobbyist i feel bad on the ban but as a resident of Assam, the only place for barca.. i welcome the ban. If captive breeding is not done for barca.. soon there will be no barca left in the wild.. infact it's been years i haven't seen one in the wild.
True,,

Gonzomagic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2017
Have they been bred in Captivity though, as I have heard not yet, and the prices are spectacular already, so can only imagine what these will go for here forth :eek:

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Have they been bred in Captivity though, as I have heard not yet, and the prices are spectacular already, so can only imagine what these will go for here forth :eek:
Other than the price tag and the size of the tank required for such a huge fish, I see no reason why barca wouldn't be bred. Especially now that it's banned for export.

People who have the means but didn't have the will now have a reason to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store