Channa Micropelets Growth on pellets?

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Hey guys so i have had a channa miropelets for some time now but he hasnt grown much at all and i have read up that they are normally fast growers..

He was stubborn and only ate beef cubes(Which previous owner fed him)
Now i have gotten him too eat Hikari Carnisticks and shrimp (After weeks of starving)

Would he grow faster now?
And would the new diet help his growth in anyway?

TIA ;)

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
It's good that he is off red meat now. I have never tried snakeheads on pellet before, so I have no comment on that. But I have fed young red snakeheads on shrimp/mussel meat before. But I always found they much prefer fish, especially live fish. Being picivores, if I were to keep them again, I would feed they solely on fish. When they have enough food they can grow up to 2 inches every month. If they aren't getting this kind of growth, you might need to up the feeding. I would give him lots more shrimp

Reactions: Miks786

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Okay thanks bud...I feed him twice a day, in the morning i feed shrimp and in the evening Carnisticks

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
It's good that he is off red meat now. I have never tried snakeheads on pellet before, so I have no comment on that. But I have fed young red snakeheads on shrimp/mussel meat before. But I always found they much prefer fish, especially live fish. Being picivores, if I were to keep them again, I would feed they solely on fish. When they have enough food they can grow up to 2 inches every month. If they aren't getting this kind of growth, you might need to up the feeding. I would give him lots more shrimp
Does mussel meat help with growth?

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
It's just for variety of food for them really, eating prawn or just pellet all the time would be a bit boring. I haven't done my research, but I guess it would be similar nutrient wise to prawn/shrimp.
Even earth worms for when they are juveniles.

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
It's just for variety of food for them really, eating prawn or just pellet all the time would be a bit boring. I haven't done my research, but I guess it would be similar nutrient wise to prawn/shrimp.
Even earth worms for when they are juveniles.
Oh okay cool thanks buddy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store